You will need to have BepInExPack and R2API installed before you can use other mods.
|Date uploaded||a month ago|
This a collection of various small tweaks and adjustments. Each feature can be independently disabled in configuration. Features are noted below as to which require [C]lient and which require [H]ost installation of the mod.
Did you pick up the Engi's fungus? Grabbed a personal shield generator while on five shaped glass? Press 'G' to drop it. Works on items (not equipment) and only one picked up in the last 10 seconds, to avoid cheesy item juggling while using 3d printers or cauldrons. Key is configurable.
Pings on interactables now last for 5 minutes. Some other ping improvements are under consideration, but that's all it does for now. This feature inspired by the mod TwentyMinutePings by TeaBoneJones.
|Having allied monsters with malachite effects can be useful, but their malachite patches look just like what hostile monsters create, making it hard to know where you can walk safely. This changes the allied malachite patches to a non-threatening blue color.|
This also makes it so that if you have Gesture of the Drowned and Royal Capacitor, lightning will not fire while in the Bazaar. No more walking backwards into the shop to avoid pissing off the shopkeeper.
As Engi, you always want to know whether your turrets are still alive. They show up in the ally list, but if you accumulate a few too many allies, they can be difficult to spot. This changes the label for Engi Turrets so that they show up with easily noticeable bright red text. Currently this only works when using English text.
When it comes to creating a character build, you're often at the mercy of RNG, particularly in single player. This offers a bit more choice by replacing boss drops with free green item shops instead. 'Special' boss drop items are mixed into the shops at the usual drop rate, just in case you really want a Beetle Gland. There's also a small chance at later stages of the shops spawning as red item shops. These changes are a pretty substantial buff to the player, so consider mixing with other mods to up the difficulty to compensate. Or just have fun wrecking things.
As of release v1.0, this now also has the option of being toggled as the Artifact of Merch. By default it will use the artifact; if you want to have it on permanently without the artifact, that can be configured.
Early game is kinda slow, both in terms of DPS and lacking speed items. If you have this enabled, the host can press 'F1' to give everybody a starter pack of items to help get things rolling. This is a pretty large advantage, but helps alleviate some of the early game boredom. Key is configurable.
Place JarlykMods.Raincoat.dll in your BepInEx\plugins folder. If you're using a Mod Manager, it may place it under its own folder under plugins, which is also fine.
You can reach me via Github or can find me on the modding Discord at https://discord.gg/5MbXZvd. As with most mods, this is a hobby project, so please understand that response times to questions and time to update for new RoR2 releases may vary.
This mod is released under the standard MIT license, which is a permissive license that allows for free use, while disclaiming liability. The text of this is included in the release archive in License.txt.
1.1.0 | 2020-12-19
- Rebuilt for latest game patch
1.0.5 | 2020-09-01
- Fixed compatibility issue with ShareSuite that could cause Artifact of Merch to drop too many shops, depending on the load order of mods
1.0.4 | 2020-08-21
- Fixed issue where boss shop dropping (Artifact of Merch) wouldn't drop shops with Artifact of Sacrifice
1.0.3 | 2020-08-19
- Fixed issue where chat was broken
1.0.2 | 2020-08-16
- Fixed incorrect MiniRpc dependency reference (for correct version this time)
1.0.1 | 2020-08-16
- Fixed incorrect MiniRpc dependency reference
1.0.0 | 2020-08-16
- Fixes for RoR2 v1.0 Release
- Added Artifact of Merch
- Fixed starter kit to include items for non-standard characters
0.2.2 | 2019-10-22
- Fixed broken item dropping and starter pack (broken in last game patch)
0.2.1 | 2019-09-25
- Fixed issue with optional boss; when boss shop dropping is enabled, will now drop a red shop near the death site, rather than a green shop near the teleporter
- Fixed issue where Aurelionite fight would not result in any drops
0.2.0 | 2019-09-20
- Updated for RoR2 Skills 2.0 Release
0.1.2 | 2019-08-09
- Fixed issue where green shops would be permanently free when boss shop dropping was enabled
0.1.1 | 2019-07-31
- Initial tracked version