We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
Now with VR support! This is a public test build, some features are missing (i.e. icons)! Allows the player to play as a Void Jailer. Go feed a bottom you bottom feeder.
|Last updated||a week ago|
|Categories||Survivors of the Void Mods Player Characters|
|Dependants||4 other mods depend on this mod|
This mod requires the following mods to function
Unified BepInEx all-in-one modding pack - plugin framework, detour libraryPreferred version: 5.4.9
API for Prefab creation, networking and duplicationPreferred version: 1.0.1
API for modifying the language localisation of the gamePreferred version: 1.0.0
API for registering skills, skins and entity statesPreferred version: 1.0.0
An API that allows modders to easily edit the colors of their characters' healthbars, as well as the appearance of shields on the characters' bodies. It's good for adding some extra flavor. Does not yet support additional bars or custom graphics.Preferred version: 2.0.0
"Wait, so this entire time you *didn't* actually want to attack yourself?..." -- This fixes a bug causing you to ping yourself at certain camera angles.Preferred version: 1.0.0
A convenient API for adding BepInEx ConfigEntry's to a option menuPreferred version: 2.5.3
Modding API for VR-compatible mods. Now with custom skin support!Preferred version: 1.1.0
This library mod contains all common code used in the playable Void enemy mods I maintain.Preferred version: 1.1.0
Applies the Lost Seer's Lenses kill effect to all void deaths.Preferred version: 1.0.0
Void Jailer Player Character
This mod allows you to play as a Void Jailer. It appends two new abilities for its Utility and Special slots. You can see those down below.
As usual, balance is not perfect with this mod, so it gives you the option to configure just about every stat associated with the character and its abilities. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! You can find me in the Risk of Rain 2 Modding Discord under the nickname "Xan"
Xan // Eti#1760.
Interested in my mods?
I have a Discord server dedicated to my mods for all the games that I make mods for! You can join it here.
NOTE: All stats surrounded by [brackets] can be changed in the mod's configuration to best tailor the mod to your desired experience.
This includes all base stats like damage, movement speed, armor, shield, crit chance, etc. Configure it all.
|Void Entity||Passive||The Void Jailer inherits all of the benefits and drawbacks of its kin. Upon death, Reave is triggered, firing a small black hole that instantly kills all monsters and players caught within. [The Void Jailer is immune to Void Fog, and will not take damage within Void Seeds or when outside of a focus.]|
|Spike||Primary||Fire a burst of Void Darts from your claw, dealing x% damage. Damage is boosted by % on targets that are Nullified or Tethered.|
|Bind||Secondary||Latch onto an enemy from a distance, applying a force that tries to pull them directly in front of you. Deals % damage and inflicts Nullify for  seconds ( on bosses). Heals % maximum health.|
|Dive||Utility||Propel yourself through the void at % movement speed for  second, healing % maximum health. Gain Immunity and Invisiblity while away.|
|Fury of the Warden||Special||Become enraged, gaining Fury for  seconds. Replaces Spike with Perforate. Perforate dramatically increases the firerate and damage of Spike, altering it to fire  Void Darts that each do % of Spike's total damage. The firerate is changed to a linear scale of 2.5 shots per second, per 1 unit of attack speed.|
To Do List
- An alternative to Dive (which was copied directly from Reaver anyway).
- Survivor lore
Hey kid, wanna buy some APIs?
- Implemented the new Common Void Player API
- The damage for the black hole (Reave) is now configurable much like it was with the Jailer. This is, by default, configured via the Common Player API's settings, but this mod has its own separate settings too that can be used instead.
- Fixed a bug causing the Game Over screen to still show even after reviving.
General improvements and Icons
- Config defaults have changed. After hours of playing and tweaking stats between runs casually, I have come up with what I believe are adequate defaults for new people. I will take insight on these stats.
- A unique survivor icon for the Jailer now exists (its just the normal icon with a blue outline lul).
- Spike, Bind, Dive, Perforate, and Fury of the Warden all have ability icons now.
- The Game Over screen is now delayed, allowing you to see the full death animation instead of blurring it part way through.
- A new configuration option has been added that is admittedly not very useful (I just needed it for film-making), which turns attack speed into damage. The base attack speed applies, but all increases beyond that will add damage instead of speed.
- The VR Aim Compensation configuration value can now be changed in-game via Risk of Options.
Thank you C#, Very Cool!
- Reorganized the code, fixing a bug that caused the mod to accidentally depend on the entire VR Mod instead of the VR API.
- Fixed a bug allowing Perforate to be spammed if you clicked quickly instead of holding it down (sorry autoclicker users, no more free DPS).
"please dont delete me with the void i have phantom sense" haha jailer go BFMMMVMMVM
- Added experimental VR support through VRAPI. A few UX issues here and there but they are mostly ironed out.
- Added a new configuration option, "VR Aim Compensation", to do stronger aim compensation whilst in VR in tandem with the existing aim compensation setting. It feels better to play with this on, but it technically gives you a slight advantage (albeit minimal). Configure at your own discretion.
- The wind-down state of Bind (after grabbing something) can be interrupted by standard skills now, making combos a little faster to pull off.
- Fixed a bug causing the lasso effect spawned by Bind to originate from your torso instead of from the muzzle of the arm.
haha spike no longer go GGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHKHHHHKHHKHHHHKHKHKKCHKKKHHHKKHKHHJHKHVCJHJHHHJCKHHKCHHKKK :DDD
- Perforate (special) no longer gets "stuck" for a second or so when activating it whilst firing Spike or Bind; it now interrupts those abilities and activates immediately. No more wasted shots due to an annoying delay.
- Fixed an issue where Spike could interrupt itself, spamming the charge-up sound when holding the primary fire button (it now only gets interrupted when frozen or killed, or by a priority skill).
- Fixed an issue where Perforate could interrupt itself, firing darts every frame instead of at the appropriate interval (it now only gets interrupted when frozen or killed).
- Fixed an issue where Bind could be interrupted in the middle of its sequence by the player (it now only gets interrupted when frozen or killed).
A minor tweak while I proceed to do everything except work on this mod. I'm working on other stuff. Sorry.
- Significantly buffed the damage that Spike/Perforate does to Nullified targets, to better encourage using combos with the secondary.
- The damage boost on Nullified targets is now a configuration option, and its default has been increased to +125% (from +70%).
- Buffed the default lifesteal done by Bind to 20% (from 5%). ⚠ Existing users will need to make this change themselves via the configuration file.
- Buffed the duration of the Nullify effect done by Bind (Normal enemies: 6s => 10s, Bosses: 3s => 5s). ⚠ Existing users will need to make this change themselves via the configuration file.
Some changes based on user feedback and some additional features.
- Added Risk Of Options as a dependency.
- The camera offset can now be configured. You can control this in real time with Risk of Options in-game.
- The character now becomes slightly transparent in combat. You can configure the transparency in and out of combat in the mod's configs. You can control this in real time with Risk of Options in-game.
- The default camera position is no longer set up like a shoulder camera.
- Added NoSelfPing as a dependency to resolve the issue with being unable to ping things. It's part of why I actually made NoSelfPing in the first place.
- Increased the hitscan angle and the maximum distance of Bind to make hits feel much more consistent and work from a longer range.
- Bind now saps health from the target. The amount has been added to the mod's configuration. Its default value is 5%.
- Bind now has a configurable duration for its application of Nullify. There is a separate configuration for bosses to balance it against bosses.
- Fury now replaces Spike with a new sub-skill called "Perforate" that makes you fire much faster, but with less projectiles per burst. The net damage per second is much higher, and it becomes easier to deal with swarms. Spray and pray.
- Some settings have had their defaults changed. It is recommended that you review your settings if you want to try the new defaults.
Okay NOW it works. I hope.
- Fixed a few foolish bugs that could completely brick visual effects.
- Fixed an error causing the Jailer to be unusable (stuck, could not activate skills) on remote clients in multiplayer environments.
- Fixed a few bugs relating to missing networking components on objects that needed them.
- Changed stats to be more appropriate.
Yeah, I guess that was my fault.
- Fixed a reflection exception preventing the mod from loading on some clients.
"Go feed a bottom you bottom feeder"? What is that supposed to mean?
- ourple lober gaming
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|