- This mod adapts the stat-based learning system from GeneticArtifact to the variant selection system of VarianceAPI
- This doesn't evaluate the performance of each variant, but instead suggests variants based on the stats they have
- With the current math, each variant can be recommended anywhere between half and twice as often (subject to change)
- Note: this mod does NOT require the Artifact of Genetics to be active to function, as it only runs IF the artifact is enabled
How it Works
- Each variant in VarianceAPI has 5 stat multipliers, and 4 of these match GeneticArtifacts' choices
- As the genetic learning system chooses which stats to prioritize, this mod will keep track of how well those match the variants' multipliers
- If it discovers a close match, that variant will have it's spawn rate increased - poor matches will have theirs reduced
Known Issues/Planned Updates
- This is a prototype build of this concept, so balance and polish haven't been taken care of yet
- If you run into any bugs or have feedback, either reach out in the discord or contribute a issue on the github
- Have a better idea for an icon? I'll gladly take it since the current one is not great
- Prototype release, expect things to be broken/unpolished
Place the .dll in Risk of Rain 2\BepInEx\plugins or use a mod manager.
If you have issues/suggestions leave them on the github as an issue/suggestion or reach out to Rico#6416 on the modding Discord.