RumblingJOSEPH-PlugInChipsMod icon

PlugInChipsMod

Adds various items from the NieR games into Risk of Rain 2. Bug fixes and optimization.

Last updated a week ago
Total downloads 13398
Total rating 0 
Categories Mods Items Survivors of the Void
Dependency string RumblingJOSEPH-PlugInChipsMod-1.1.2
Dependants 2 other mods depend on this mod

This mod requires the following mods to function

bbepis-BepInExPack-5.4.1903 icon
bbepis-BepInExPack

Unified BepInEx all-in-one modding pack - plugin framework, detour library

Preferred version: 5.4.1903
tristanmcpherson-R2API-4.3.5 icon
tristanmcpherson-R2API

A modding API for Risk of Rain 2

Preferred version: 4.3.5
RiskofThunder-HookGenPatcher-1.2.3 icon
RiskofThunder-HookGenPatcher

MMHOOK generation at runtime.

Preferred version: 1.2.3

README

Plug-In Chips Mod

Adds various items from the NieR games into Risk of Rain 2! Values for most of the items can be changed in the config editor to your own liking. Feedback/Suggestions are always appreciated; feel free to contact me in the Risk of Rain 2 modding discord server: @joseph#6783

All models and icons for the mod are done by Mr. Bones. Credit to KomradeSpectre for his Item Creation Boilerplate as the resources he provides to the community helped me make this mod. Thanks to bubbet for helping me out with various issues with my mod that constantly seem to arise, and the modding community in general.

Items

Deadly Heal: Heals the player for 5% of their max hp when killing an enemy.

Offensive Heal: When the player hits an enemy, they heal for 10% of the attack's damage.

Anti-Chain Damage: When the player is hit by an enemy, they become invulnerable to all damage for 1.5 seconds, followed by a 3 second cooldown.

Shockwave: Whenever the player uses their primary skill, fires a shockwave attack in that direction that deals 100% damage, and pierces enemies.

Taunt-Up: When the player strikes an enemy, the enemy is thrown into a rage, permanantely increasing speed, damage, and damage received.

OS Chip: 2 random buffs are chosen for 30 seconds at a time that activate superpowered versions of the other chips, then the chip cools down for 15 seconds. (Specific numbers are in the changelog)

Nier's Iron Pipe: Increases crit damage by 5%; Gain a 5% chance on crit to crit a second time.

Virtuous Contract: Increases damage dealt by 10% while health is full. (This should not include shields as health)

Virtuous Treaty: Hitting an enemy has a chance to apply a logic virus debuff that last for 8 seconds. Stacking 25 of these will cause them to take 20% of their full combined health as damage.

Equipment

The Black Flower: Has a 60% chance of increasing some stats. Has a 40% chance of spawning a doppelganger. Guaranteed doppelganger spawn on death.

Lunar Tear: Has a 70% chance of spawning in a doppelganger as an ally. Has a 30% chance of lowering some stats. Gives a buff to allies on death.

Yorha Visor: Target an enemy to hack them, turning yourself into them. Reaching critical health in this state will revert you back to your original form.

Known Issues

  • Item displays maybe?
  • It is not a good idea to use the yorha visor on inanimate objects like the tar pot, or on newt. I am not liable for ruined runs.
  • Adding betterui compatibility soon(tm)
  • Synergies?

Changelog

Balance changes likely require you to delete the config to take effect

1.1.2

  • OS Chip
    • Possibly fixed a rare issue where void enemies would cause the game to crash; I have no idea where this error comes from so let me know if you see it again.
  • Anti-Chain Damage
    • Increased hidden cooldown on the effect to 6 seconds (up from 3 seconds).

1.1.1

  • General
    • Updated mod for latest patch
    • Updated dependency for R2API

1.1.0

  • General
    • Remembered to change version numbers on the manifest/assembly this time.
    • Token generation is now done by myself, one step closer to removing a dependency.
    • Updated readme to accurately reflect balance changes on some items.
    • Issue between refightilization and this mod has been resolved (has been for a while).
    • Fixed incorrect colors on certain buff icons.
  • OS Chip
    • Optimized code quite a bit thanks to XoXFaby and ghor
    • Changed item to use a component, should make buffs more stable and not give you 3 or 4 at a time in certain circumstances.
  • Virtuous Treaty
    • Added lore.
    • Buffed to deal 20% full combined hp, rather than current hp.
  • Virtuous Contract
    • Added lore.
  • Yorha Visor
    • Added lore.
    • Fixed issue where it would break OS Chip buffs.
    • Added 5 second cooldown when swapping to an enemy, you can then use the equipment again to swap back to your original character with the full cooldown.
    • Did this to avoid softlocks after the teleporter event is over.

1.0.11

  • General
    • Elite explosion bug should be fixed for real this time. (please)
    • Actually remembered to compress the assetbundle this time around.

1.0.1

  • General
    • Fixed ungodly elite explosion bug number 9,138,556

1.0.0

  • General
    • Ported mod over to thunderkit for easier management on my end
    • Added github repo for the mod for reference/backup/help
    • Upgraded pickup icons for items
  • Shockwave
    • Buffed damage to deal 100% base damage of character
  • Anti-Chain Damge
    • Nerfed to provide a consistent 3 second cooldown on ANY character that has the item
    • This cooldown cannot be cleansed
  • Deadly Heal
    • Nerfed healing to 5% max hp at base
  • Offensive Heal
    • Nerfed healing to 10% of damage at base
  • OS Chip
    • Added OS Chip
    • Super Anti Chain: 3 seconds of immunity with NO cooldown after
    • Super Shockwave: Deals 300% base damage +50% per stack
    • Super Deadly Heal: Heals 30% max hp on kill
    • Super Offensive Heal: Heals 25% damage dealt on hit
    • Super Taunt: Applies debuff on enemies making them take 300% damage, however they gain no buffs.
  • Nier's Iron Pipe
    • Added Nier's Iron Pipe
  • Virtuous Contract
    • Added Virtuous Contract
  • Virtuous Treaty
    • Added Virtuous Treaty
  • Yorha Visor
    • Added Yorha Visor

0.9.9

  • General
    • Updated plug-in chip models to look really cool (thanks mr. bones).

0.9.2

  • Anti-Chain Damage
    • Added a hidden, 5 second cooldown debuff onto monsters that hold this item due to unkillable scavengers.
  • Taunt-Up
    • Fixed an issue where damaging yourself would apply the taunt buff/debuff to yourself (nice try).

0.9.1

  • General
    • Removed update section of readme
  • Anti-Chain Damage
    • Fixed a bug where immune buff was not applying

0.9.0

  • General
    • Updated for support to Survivors of the Void DLC.
    • Updated dependency requirements accordingly.
  • The Black Flower
    • Fixed an issue where the pickup description was incorrect.
  • Lunar Tear
    • Fixed a mistake where the doppelganger ally spawn rate was actually 90%.

0.8.0

  • General
    • [Hopefully] fixed the elite incident causing an ungodly amount of explosions to spawn in.
    • Rebranded mod to NieR items, as most plug-in chip functions already exist in the game anyway.
    • Fixed an issue where game still showed old version numbers when loading in. (woops)
  • New Content
    • Added The Black Flower lunar equipment
    • Added Lunar Tear lunar equipment

0.3.0

  • Shockwave
    • Fixed an issue where the full description was not displaying properly.
  • Taunt-Up
    • Added Taunt-Up chip

0.2.0

  • Shockwave:
    • Added shockwave chip

0.1.1

  • Anti-Chain Damage:
    • Fixed an issue where Anti-Chain Damage was not stacking past 2 stacks.
    • Increased base duration to 1.5 seconds (up from 1 second)
    • Decreased time increment per stack to .5 seconds (down from 1 second)
    • (I felt as though it was too weak with one, but too powerful with multiple stacks.)
  • Offensive Heal:
    • Increased base healing to 20% (up from 10%)
    • (I think it needed this to really be worth the red-tier, seeing how deadly heal is green and is more effective early game.)

0.1.0

  • Release

Available versions

Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.

Upload date Version number Downloads Download link  
2022-5-13 1.1.2 1191 Version 1.1.2 Install
2022-4-19 1.1.1 2140 Version 1.1.1 Install
2022-4-17 1.1.0 756 Version 1.1.0 Install
2022-4-3 1.0.11 2274 Version 1.0.11 Install
2022-4-3 1.0.1 271 Version 1.0.1 Install
2022-4-3 1.0.0 57 Version 1.0.0 Install
2022-3-9 0.9.9 3441 Version 0.9.9 Install
2022-3-8 0.9.2 506 Version 0.9.2 Install
2022-3-7 0.9.1 447 Version 0.9.1 Install
2022-3-6 0.9.0 203 Version 0.9.0 Install
2022-2-16 0.8.0 1131 Version 0.8.0 Install
2022-2-11 0.3.0 455 Version 0.3.0 Install
2022-2-9 0.2.0 289 Version 0.2.0 Install
2022-2-9 0.1.1 76 Version 0.1.1 Install
2022-2-8 0.1.0 161 Version 0.1.0 Install