The drop in multiplayer mod for Risk of Rain 2, now updated for the 1.0 update!
This mod allows the host to have players join mid-game, and automatically gives them items to help them catch up!
If you have any bug reports, ping me on the modding discord (https://discord.gg/MfQtGYj), you can make an issue on the github if you want, but I'll level with you, I'll probably forget to check it.
I updated this mod from the original https://thunderstore.io/package/SushiDev/DropinMultiplayer/ mod as it has not been updated for 1.0. If the original mod creator, or anyone else who is better at modding than I am, is putting up a better version of this mod let me know and I'll deprecate this version.
These commands should be sent into the game chat (not the console)
1. join_as Commando = Spawns you in as commando.
2. join_as Huntress niwith = Spawns niwith in as Huntress, replace niwith with whoever you'd like to spawn as huntress/whatever in the names list
Installation (Mod Manager)
- Click the install with Mod Manager button
- Extract "DropInMultiplayer.dll" from the zip file and place it into "/Risk of Rain 2/BepInEx/plugins/" folder.
- Filtered out illegal items from possible drops on joining game, big thanks to paddywaan (https://github.com/paddywaan) for submitting the pull request
- Added support for custom characters which have spaces in their names (just type the name without a space, e.g. join_as ClayTemplar)
- Fixed bug which broke Captain's R ability and PlayerBots mod
- Added ability for other mods to temporarily block join_as if needed, shoot me a message if you need help setting that up
- Added temporary block for join_as on the final stage to prevent soft lock
- Fixed issue forcing all players to have the mod installed, you should now be able to have players without the mod use the join_as command in chat
- Removed a debug log I left in, whoops
- Fixed issue preventing some modded characters from being selected (specifically BanditClassic)
- Fix for join_as from captain to any other class keeping his unique item
- Fix for boss items preventing joining
- Fix (hopefully) for join_as working while dead if you are controlling a drone (FallenFriends)
- Fix for interaction with FallenFriends, not longer breaks join_as if you have FallenFriends installed
- Added option for join_as after character select (letting players change characters). Defaults to false
- Release a probably broken build