Have you ever had someone swoop in and steal that item you just bought? Ever accidentally touched and picked up an item that you were saving for your friend? Frustrating, right? This mod has been developed in response to frustration caused the way items are distributed in Risk of Rain 2. With ShareSuite, we aim to fix that!
Multiplayer RoR2 games should be quick, wacky fun, but often have loot being stolen and power imbalances between players. Obviously, the best way to solve this issue is to remove the incentive to steal the loot in the first place!
|Most Recent Update - 1.14.0
|Complete internal refactor of codebase
|Cleaned up commands to provide more helpful feedback
|MAJOR New feature: Randomized Item Sharing
|Fixed a host of bugs caused by the new update
If you'd like more info on this update, check the changelog at the bottom of the page!
Want a more detailed look at any of our features? Click the [Show me more] button next to the bullet!
Item Sharing — The main goal of this mod is to split items across all players evenly. [Show me more]
- Any items that are picked up are given to all living members of your party.
- By default, lunar items and items that provide bonuses for all members of the party are not shared.
- You can also enable the option to give each member of your party a random item of the same tier you received, if that's more your style!
Compatible with 3D Printers and Cauldrons — You get to customize your build with them. [Show me more]
- Any player using a printer or cauldron only changes THEIR items, leaving others to build as they please.
A robust money sharing/spending system. [Show me more]
- When anyone gets money, it gets added to the group's money pool.
- When anyone spends money, it gets taken away from the group's money pool.
- Now includes a gained money scalar — Want more money? Turn it up!
A shared equipment system — flutter like a group of butterflies or rain lightning from the sky, together. (
NEW) [Show me more]
- When you pick up equipment, everyone gets it.
- (TO-DO) When someone picks up equipment, they drop the one everyone currently has.
- (TO-DO) When someone buys an equipment drone, everyone loses their equipment.
Worried about the game becoming unbalanced? We've got you. [Show me more]
- Tuned to be balanced by default.
- Built to feel like vanilla singleplayer; The mod scales to feel right with any amount of players, whether you're playing with 2 or 20.
- Easily customizable — Want more boss loot? Easy! Want more chests? Righty-o, turn that scalar up.
Want red items to be unique? Hate the fact that everyone gets hooves? No worries, we've got a solution. [Show me more]
- Config options for enabling/disabling sharing specific item types (white, green, red, lunar, boss).
- Item and equipment blacklists also exist for disabling specific items you don't want shared.
Worried about an early game power spike associated with everyone having items? We've got something in the works for that! (
- Experimental Scaling mode is on its way to becoming the new default scaling mode for interactables
- Starts players off with much fewer interactables on the first handful of rounds.
- As players progress through the game, the penalty becomes less and less harsh.
- Works best with Money Sharing on!
The config file allows you to customize the mod down to the slightest detail. [Show me more]
- See the Configuration section for more information!
Native config GUI integration with SharedModLibrary v2.0.4+ (Preview of the GUI) [Show me more]
- Integration with the BepInEx config UI coming soon!
- Install the latest version of R2API if you haven't already.
- Download and unzip the files with the download button above.
ShareSuite.dll in your BepInEx/plugins/ folder
- Run the game and have a great time!
- Make sure you run the game with the mod installed to generate the config file!
- Navigate to
\Risk of Rain 2\BepInEx\config\
com.funkfrog_sipondo.sharesuite.cfg in any text editor (we recommend Notepad++ if you have it installed!)
- Edit the values for settings as you see fit!
You can also set settings in-game with the commands listed below.
- Open console with
~ + ctrl + alt
- Note: you can easily open the console after you've opened it the first time by just pressing
- Type in the Command, followed by
True/False value for toggles
- An integer number Boss Loot
- A decimal number for Money and Interactable scaling.
- Press enter and you're done!
Default Config Settings
|Money is Shared
|White Items are Shared
|Green Items are Shared
|Red Items are Shared
|Equipment is Shared
|Lunar Items are Shared
|Boss Items are Shared
|Randomized Item Sharing
|Dead Players Get Items
|Override Player Scaling
|Override Boss Loot Scaling
|Boss Loot Credit
|Money Scalar Enabled
Tip: Want to reset your config?
- Stop the game if it's currently running
- Navigate to
\Risk of Rain 2\BepInEx\config\
- Start the game again. Upon boot, a fresh new config will be generated!
How do 3d printers and cauldrons work with this mod installed?
3d printers and cauldrons add the item directly to your item pool. No item orb will drop, it will just appear in your inventory.
Does this make the game easier? How do you balance it?
Technically, the game should be ever so slightly harder than vanilla this way. Either way, it should be extremely close to the original game's balance.
We only spawn the amount of interactables that would be spawned for 1 player in a lobby of any size. Boss and Lunar items are not shared, along with items that provide buffs for everyone in the party. There are no ways to abuse this mod to dupe items. We cut player XP gained from money at the end of rounds to combat leveling faster. Teleporters only drop one item per boss killed. This mod has been tediously balanced and we do everything we can to keep the experience as close to vanilla as possible. If you have any ideas of ways to improve this, please let us know!
These items are shared, so they've been set to drop only 1 by default for balance. You can change this in the config with the Boss Loot Credit config option.
How do blood shrines work when share money is on?
The user who uses the shrine loses health, but the calculations for how much gold everyone receives is done based on the highest max health player in your party.
I want to play this with my friends. Do they also need to install this mod?
Everyone having the same mods installed is always a good idea for stability, but is not required. This mod should still be fully functional if your friends only have BepInEx/R2API installed.
How do I play with my friends who don't have mods installed?
Easy! Install a Build ID changing mod and play on!
Here's an easy link to get to the current Build ID mods!
I want to play this mod with more than 4 players!
Please combine with TooManyFriends. If you'd like to change the amount of boss drops or amount of chests, you can configure that in the config file.
How do I configure the mod while the game is running?
Open up the console window (ctrl + alt + ~ ). All commands starts with 'ss_' and will autocomplete.
New GUI-based configuration manager coming soon!
Can I use this mod in quick play?
We DO NOT condone use of this mod in any quick play or prismatic trial games. We will refuse any support for the use of this mod in Quick Play.
- Shared money's state is often inconsistent
- Crowdfunder de-syncs shared money
- Equipment drones de-sync shared equipment
Features in Development
- Experimental Mode (
- Tune Experimental Mode to feel better
- Add customizability to the difficulty of experimental mode
- Rename the mode - send us suggestions in the Discord!
- Custom Chat Messages
- Item pickup cards for every player
- Shared Equipment
- Shared Equipment feature completion
- Drop one equipment upon a character picking up a new one
- Remove all equipment upon purchase of equipment drone
- Integrate with new config UI
We have multiple channels of contact! Feel free to use any of the following.
Mod Developers: If you've tested your mod with ShareSuite and there are no foul interactions, DM me on Discord with the mod link + version tested and I'll add it to this list!
- Please change the Override Player Scaling setting and Override Boss Loot Scaling to false in the config file. Multitudes will then take priority in modifying the scaling settings.
Creators of these mods: If you are open to collaborate with us, we'd love to work with you to resolve the conflict!
- There are no incompatible updated mods we're currently aware of :)
- Complete internal refactor of the codebase for increased maintainability - a HUGE thanks to Harb for this PR
- If you'd like more information on what exactly this entails, Visit here.
- Resolves issue where lunar equipment cannot be purchased
- Incompatibility with BiggerBazaar resolved
- Resolves issues with commands that use decimal numbers
- MAJOR New Feature: Randomized Item Sharing
- When enabled, each player (except the player who picked up the item) will get a randomized item of the same rarity.
- Thank you to Splamy for PRing this feature!
- Apologies for the rather late update, I've been caught up with family stuff for the holidays. I hope everyone had a great new years!
- Updated dependencies
- Fixed issues with Cleansing Pool and Overgrown Chests
- Fixed issues preventing the mod from working with the newest game version
- Thanks to Harb for helping me get this out while I'm low on time! <3
- Recompiled with latest versions of R2API and BepInEx
- Should solve issue with chests not dropping items? (I haven't had any further issues)
- Updated dependencies
- Removed Frogtown Shared Mod Manager
- Revision 2 of Experimental Scaling mode
- Greatly reduces the amount of interactables for the first x rounds - should help to combat the early-game spike in power that comes with everyone having the items.
- Reduces less and less as you get closer to x rounds.
- Should feel better to play with as a whole - will no longer be branded as a 'hard mode' but rather the default scaling to balance the mod further.
- Will include a config option to disable it, but it will default to on
- Support for decimal numbers in the config
- InteractablesCredit and MoneyScalar are the only scalars effected by this - please do not try to set BossLootCredit to anything other then an integer (whole) number!
- Addition of EmulateSingleplayerMoney
- The new Shared Money mechanic is much more stable, however, we've noticed that it (
actually works) doesn't have the same effect achieved with the old version of shared money
- EmulateSingleplayerMoney will scale the amount of money you receive back, adjusted for current prices, so that it feels the same as singleplayer would
- E.G. - A chest costs $25 in singleplayer. The same chest costs $34 with 2 players.
- Old money system would give the 2 players $25 - the same as a single player would receive - for a loss at no fault of the players.
- New money system gives the 2 players $50 - when a single player would receive $25 - resulting in an excess of money that feels imbalanced.
- EmulateSingleplayerMoney will give the 2 players $34 - when a single player would receive $25 - resulting in the chests "costing the same".
- Changed the way the interactables scaling works to vary with maps - bigger maps will now feel appropriately filled out
- Added a new Experimental Mode! (Future name may be Hardcore/Hard mode, we're not sure yet)
- Higher numbers of players reduces the amount of interactable spawns.
- Makes the game more difficult but feels fairer to play to some.
- Try it out and let us know how you feel on the Discord!
- Fixed a critical bug with new shared money - you can now enter portals without soft-locking your run.
- Fixed critical bug with new shared money logic - you should be able to gain money from killing enemies and opening capsules now.
- Fixed critical bug with 3D printer/cauldron logic - they should now function properly with the dupe fix disabled.
- Thank you to Commie for helping me test and fix these bugs!
- Made improvements to the README's writing to make it sound less like a student who wanted to meet a sentence requirement on an essay.
Looking for the changelogs for versions older then 5 prior? Click here!