Get the Thunderstore App
Easily install and manage your mods with the Thunderstore App!
This mod requires the following mods to function
A funky mod for Risk of Rain 2 which allows you to assume the role of a combat director in multiplayer games (kind of)!
Spawn enemies to destroy the survivors, upgrade enemies to stronger Elite variants, and use your Burst buff to keep the survivors on their toes! I made this mainly as a joke after playing too much Battle Cats and Risk of Rain 2.
The mod is server-side only, which means that only the host of the game needs to have the mod installed and enabled. However, if your friends also have the mod installed, you can set them as the director by typing
% [player name] or
% [player index (number)] in the pregame lobby, while still remaining as the host!
Due to the nature of the mod, there are likely to be compatiability issues with various mods; even without other mods, buggy behaviour is always on the table thanks to how many moving parts there are. If you have any suggestions or bug reports for the mod, visit the mod's Github page and create an issue! Alternatively, you can shoot me a DM on Discord; my username is
- Move the mouse to pivot the camera around the current target.
- To check spawnable enemies, hit Tab and hover over the monster icons.
- Scroll Wheel: Zoom In/Out. This affects spawn distance for enemies which you spawn.
- LMB / RMB: Next / Previous spectator target
- Alphanumeric 1 .. 6 (not keypad): Spawn enemy in slot.
- Space: Swap currently active page to access more enemies to spawn.
- C: While held, you will spawn Tier 1 Elite enemies. (Blazing, Glacial, Overloading, [Mending])
- V: While held, you will spawn Tier 2 Elite enemies. (Malachite, Celestial)
- F: Tap to direct all enemies to attack the target you're currently spectating.
- B: Burst. Activate once fully charged to power up the monsters! Charge by damaging players with enemies you spawn.
Thanks to Punished "Venom" Analyst for giving me the initial kickstart to develop this mod. A big thank you to Klehrik for assisting with multiplayer testing. Finally, thanks for the patience and support of everyone who submitted a bug report or gave feedback through Discord - your help is truly invaluable, and I could not have made this without your help.
- NEW: Non-host players can now be set as the director using the
% [username]command in the lobby. Players to be set must have the mod installed and enabled, and a confirmation will be sent in chat if the director is changed.
- Alternatively, you can use
% [1 .. number of players]to select the ith player in the lobby as displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can use
- NEW: Voidling control has been re-added to the game, with full first-person support. Hopefully he controls less clunkily now.
- Fixed a bug where no director would be chosen.
- Remaining icons for Survivors of the Void added. Pardon my bad art skills.
- User interface revamped. Burst and focus now lie at the corners of the screens, just like in Battle Cats! Page indicators and highlights to clearly outline which elite class is selected have been added too.
- Fixed a bug where the Voidling cutscene would not be properly triggered.
- NEW: Unspent credits are accumulated over time by the player director, and eventually given to the AI directors to spend. So don't be a bad Dungeon Master and sit on your cash - people want loot, too!
- NEW: Control the spawn cap for the director, to encourage spending more on stronger monsters, or alternatively to prevent stalling using cheap units. Default value is 40, and is shared with AI-spawned units.
- NEW: Burst progression! The amount of buffs granted by burst is weaker initially, but gets stronger over time.
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|