We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
This mod requires the following mods to function
Risk Of Rain 2 - AV Effects Options
This is a pseudo-fork of https://gitlab.com/lexxyfox/ror2-av-effect-options
The goal is to allow players to selectively disable in-game audio-visual effects that aren't strictly necessary to enjoy the game without changing game mechanics or balance. This may assist people who, among others; have photosensitivity, are sensitive to sensory overstimulation, or have limited computing resources. Effects can [usually] be toggled mid-stage.
If you know the asset address of an effect, or how to disable something else annoying then please feel free to open an issue or even submit a PR.
Intended for headed client-side installations. [Should] have no effect on headless installations.
- Blast Shower's effects
- Brainstalks's screen effect
- Frost Relic particles and FOV change
- Gasoline's explosion
- Interstellar Desk Plant's indicator ward particle effects
- Kjaro's Band tornado
- Molten Perferators
- Runald's Band explosion
- Shatterspleen explosion
- Spinel Tonic's screen effect
- Sticky Bomb's drops & explosion
- Stone Titan's death effect
- Wandering Vagrant's death explosion
- Weeping Fungus' effects
- Will-o'-the-Wisp explosion
- Plasma Shrimp AV effects
"Enabling" an effect (default) plays the effect as it does normally. "Disabling" makes it silent and invisible.
- Use Rune580's Risk of Options (recommended)!
- OR: modify the .cfg file manually...
- You aren't required to run the game before doing this!
- In BepInEx's config directory, create or modify the file named
- Here's the default configuration to get you started...
[Character Effects] # Enables Stone Titan's on-death explosion. Enable Titan Death Effect = true # Enables Wandering Vagrant's on-death explosion. Enable Vagrant Death Explosion = true [Item Effects] # Enables Blast Shower's effects. Enable Blast Shower = true # Enables the temporary FOV change that Frost Relic's on-kill proc gives. Enable Frost Relic FOV = false # Enables the chunk and ring effects of Frost Relic. Enable Frost Relic Particles = false # Enables the sound effects of Frost Relic's on-kill proc. Enable Frost Relic Sound = true # Enables the spore, plus sign, and mushroom visual effects from Interstellar Desk Plant's healing ward indicator. Enable Desk Plant Ward Particles = false # Enables Brainstalks' screen effect. Enable Brainstalks = true # Enables Gasoline's explosion Enable Gasoline = true # Enables Kjaro's Band's tornado Enable Kjaros Band = true # Enables the Molten Perforator visuals Enable Molten Perforator = true # Enables Runald's Band's explosion Enable Runalds Band = true # Enables Shatterspleen's explosion Enable Shatterspleen = true # Enables Spinel Tonic's screen effect Enable Spinel Tonic = true # Enables Sticky Bomb's drops Enable Sticky Bomb Drops = true # Enables Sticky Bomb's explosion Enable Sticky Bomb Explosion = true # Enables Will o' the Wisp's explosion Enable Will-o-the-Wisp = true [SOTV Item Effects] # Enables Weeping Fungus' sound effect. Enable Weeping Fungus Sound = true # Enables Weeping Fungus' visual particle effects. Enable Weeping Fungus Visuals = true
Visit mod page at Thunderstore.io
- Click on "Install With Mod Manager"
OR manually (download)...
OR manually (build)...
- Ensure you have a current version of BepInExPack installed and configured.
- Build this project
- Copy the
AVOptions.dllfile from this mod to BepInEx's
- VS 2019
- .NET 2.1
- BepInEx Installed in
(Risk Of Rain 2 game folder)
- Rune580's Risk of Options Installed in
(Risk Of Rain 2 game folder)/BepInEx/plugins
- Update entry for
<BepInExPath>in the above file to match your install location
<AssemblySearchPaths>contains proper path for Risk Of Options
F6to build the solution
Update the following files:
These good people/beings did me a help one way or another, but don't necessarily endorse or condone myself or this mod.
- Hopoo Games
- The Mono Project
- The BepInEx developers
- ebkr et alia for r2modman Plus
- The Thunderstore
- Rune580 for Risk of Options
- Vl4dimyr for their mod (pictured)
- Bon Yok
- RoR2 Modding Wiki
- YOU! For existing today :3
- Xamarin's xbuild is not compatible with this mod, and will not be supported by me. (msbuild > xbuild)
- This mod is NOT guaranteed to come with a virus.
- I'm not a .NET/C# developer, so there's a good argument to be made that I have no idea what I'm doing
2022-10-22 : 1.13.8
- Added toggle for rose buckler sfx
2022-10-21 : 1.13.7
- Added toggle for firework tails
2022-08-25 : 1.13.6
- Void Fiend sprint/jump sfx toggle added
2022-08-09 : 1.13.5
- Runalds properly moved to separate configuration class
- Add UNLICENSE
- Repay technical debt (code cleanup / conventions)
2022-08-09 : 1.13.4
- Create abstractions for configuration options
2022-07-31 : 1.13.3
- Simplify Plasma Shrimp options to only those that seem to have any real effect
2022-07-31 : 1.13.2
- Comment bindings for VoidMegaCrab
- Remove invalid attempt to bind to MissileVoid asset
2022-07-31 : 1.13.1
- Namespace config file
- Update Installation instructions
2022-07-31 : 1.13.0
- Add Plasma Shrimp AV Options
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|