Get the Thunderstore App
Easily install and manage your mods with the Thunderstore App!
This mod requires the following mods to function
Have you ever died with Pluripotent Larva and thought, "wow, that didn't corrupt literally all of my items. this game sucks!" I uh, me neither, but..anyway...
This mod adds 10 void items: 5 common/tier-1, 4 uncommon/tier-2, and 1 legendary/tier-3.
Additionally, the mod offers some tweaks to Void Locus, those being an exit portal and the option to give the stage director more credits, a new interactable, allowing you to revisit the void fields at the cost of a void item, and improved pickup highlights for void items.
This mod (clearly) requires Survivors of the Void.
New Void Items
Both the base and stacking effects of these items are customizable. You can also turn any or all of the items off, if you're in to that sort of thing.
Common / Tier 1 Items
Deal more damage to enemies with lower health. Scales linearly the less health a given enemy has.
|Corrupts all Crowbars.|
Gain items at the start of the next stage. Breaks a random item at low health.
This item has multiple variants, with a lot of customization. You can select which you'd prefer to use in the config.
|Corrupts all Delicate Watches.|
Upgrade an item at low health. Consumed on use. At the start of each stage, a stack regenerates.
|Corrupts all Power Elixirs.|
Upon activating a skill, fire a number of rockets depending on the skill's cooldown.
|Corrupts all Bundles of Fireworks.|
Killing an enemy slows and eventually freezes other nearby enemies.
|Corrupts all Gasolines.|
Uncommon / Tier 2 Items
Recieve a special, dangerous delivery with powerful rewards.
|Corrupts all Shipping Request Forms.|
Periodically release a slowing pulse during the Teleporter event and 'Holdout Zones' such as the Void Fields.
This item has another variant. You can select which you'd prefer to use in the config.
|Corrupts all Lepton Daisies.|
Your 'On-Kill' effects occur an additional time upon killing an elite. Additionally causes a damaging AOE upon elite kill.
|Corrupts all Old Guillotines.|
Gain an airdash.
|Corrupts all Hopoo Feathers.|
Legendary / Tier 3 Items
Non-critical hits grant a stacking damage bonus that is lost upon critting.
This item has another variant. You can select which you'd prefer to use in the config.
|Corrupts all Laser Scopes.|
- Thank you to...
- KomradeSpectre, for the item boilerplate and tutorial
- RumblingJOSEPH, both for VoidAPI but also for helping me figure everything out time and time again
- Corn-Lord for the concept, name, and general lore, and Voidsenight for the design inspiration of Lens-Maker's Orrery, from their RoR2 Ideas document, found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mRj_wADu0cru9Kmp0sPquV-leUX_CwVtbXGYLxXFDK0/edit?usp=sharing
- Slipskip, for the effect and visual inspiration for Quill
- Caliph Index, for Shattered Monolith's effect
- Heyimnoop and Groove_Salad for help with item icons
- Conq, for the idea for a variant of Clockwork and PIEisFANTASTIC and thejanjan for one of the Orrery variants
- Harb, RandomlyAwesome and iDeathHD for helping with me with regular and IL hooks
- iDeathHD and Bubbet for helping with properly setting up and spawning prefab
- SomeoneElse and Noop for help with the slow VFX for Lotus
- Prodzpod, for doing all the work setting up the "corrupts X" to actually update based on what is chosen to corrupt in the config
- ThinkInvis and TinkersSatchel for inspiration on the Thunderstore page
- Quickstraw's StormyItems, for being an example for setting up item transformations
- The RoR2 Modding and Starstorm 2 servers for helping refine ideas/designs and generally being kind
You can contact me on Discord in the RoR2 Modding server or simply message me, @Zenithrium. I'd love to hear about more item ideas or if you think any item could use a buff, nerf, or even a rework. You can also check out the Github and leave a pull request or issue.
v1.5.9 Housekeeping 4
- Cornucopia should no longer spawn voidtouched void enemies.
v1.5.8 Housekeeping 3
- Monolith can no longer spawn multiple times in one void seed.
- Removed some debug lines from Exhaust.
- Fixed a warning for Cornucopia.
- Added a config to disable the void color pickup highlights if they aren't your thing. Still on by default.
v1.5.7 Exhaust Consistency
- Adjusted how Exhaust fires to account for skills like Engineer's turret and Driver's aim.
- Added item displays for Nemesis Mercenary.
v1.5.6 Minor Fixes
- Hopefully fixed a bug with how Lotus places the flower on the portal.
- Fixed Cornucopia's spawned object having the wrong name.
v1.5.5 Void Item Tweaks and Minor Fixes
- Void items are now locked behind the unlock condition for that their non-void pair has, if it has an unlock. Only applies to void items without unlocks so it should not conflict with other mods. Can be toggled on and off.
- Cornucopia now checks for if a player has the item in a more sane way.
- Fixed a misplaced item display for Enforcer with Quill.
v1.5.4 The Curse
- Hopefully fixed a bug with Cornucopia being unable to properly spawn monsters.
- Removed some debug lines from Cornucopia.
v1.5.3 Cornucopia Fixes
- Fixed Cornucopia spawning in stages where it absolutely should not have.
- Added a config for if Cornucopia should spawn on the moon and in goldshores, set to true by default.
- Cornucopia's void fog now only targets players by default. There is a config to revert to "all but void" if desired.
- Cornucopia's icon now actually has shadows.
v1.5.2 Very Important Update
- Fixed Exhaust firing before Artificer's Ice Wall is actually placed, meaning it could be spammed if the wall repeatedly fails to spawn.
- Added a config for Exhaust where it halves rocket output for Visions of Heresy. This was a base feature that is now removed, but can be reenabled if desired.
- Fixed a misplaced item display for Bandit with Coolant and Executioner with Cornucopia.
- Added item displays for Arsonist, Tesla Trooper and Desolator.
- Added item displays for Rocket in a previous update but never mentioned it, so it's here now. Oops. Thanks to CatLord for pointing that out!
v1.5.1 Housekeeping 2
- No longer relies on VoidItemAPI as it could cause lag on item transformation. Item transformations are now set up internally.
- Updated to most recent R2API versions.
- Most items which loaded specific materials from the game now instead have them replicated in the assetbundle. This may slightly improve load times.
- Items now have proper dithering, thanks to the above.
- Items which are already AI-blacklisted no longer have the "Should AI recieve this item in runs" config as it does nothing.
- Burden is now AI blacklisted.
- Exhaust's particles have slightly better vfx.
- Clockwork Variant 0 and 1 can now scale the number of items it destroys upon reaching low health.
- Cornucopia now has a config for disabling the laser which marks the delivery.
- Slightly cleaned up the assetbundle.
v1.5.0 Something New
- Added Ceaseless Cornucopia, void Shipping Request Form.
- Updated IDRS for Starstorm2 survivors.
- Reimplemented dropped IDRS for Coolant.
- Added configs for proc coeffecient on relevant items.
v1.4.13 The Oops Uh Oh I Crashed Woolie Update
- Partially rewrote Coolant.
- Hopefully fixed a crash related to stacking Coolant's slow debuff.
- Fixed duplicate text on Clockwork's pickup description.
v1.4.12 More Fixes
- Fixed another bug with setting Coolant's required boss freeze stacks where it would freeze bosses instantly instead of not at all if set to 0. Oops.
- Fixed the slow percent displayed with Coolants "show slow percent" config option being displayed out of 1 instead of out of 100%.
- Added some extra config options for adjusting how long Coolant should freeze enemies.
v1.4.11 WRB Oopsies and More Displays
- Fixed phrasing of additive Clockwork Variant 2 being strange and confusing. Similarly adjusted Variant 1 for consistency.
- Fixed Clockwork Variant 2 not actually removing the stacking text if the stacking values were set to 0.
- Fixed Coolant still displaying "Freezing is less effective on bosses" when the required freeze stacks were set to 0 as advised in the config.
- Added item displays for R-MOR and Assassin.
v1.4.10 WRB Compat and Cleanup
- Config settings are now set up where setting the stacking value to 0 now no longer shows the (+x per stack) in the description. (As such, the "enableOnDeathDamage" config for Burden has been removed for consistency. You can instead disable this by setting either the aoe range or the aoe damage to zero)
- Clockwork's Variant 2 now has the option to add credits instead of multiply.
- Coolant no longer slows enemies by way more than what was intended (flat 83.33% -> scaling up to 50%)
- Exhaust's damage per rocket numbers adjusted from 20% (+20%) -> 120% (+60%) - fireworks can do a decent amount of damage, and despite exhaust activating more times, giving it such a low damage amount resulted in it contributing very little.
- Exhaust now has a "More Accurate Rockets" config, set to false by default, recommended for cases where projectiles/items are made more accurate in other mods. Thank you HIFU!
- Exhaust now actually uses FireMissile instead FireProjectile, as it's far cleaner.
- Fixed some nullrefs with Lotus.
v1.4.9 Mini Update
- Thank you for 200k downloads & for one year! Sorry I don't have anything more for this update. More will come soon(tm)!
- Fixed some nullrefs with Quill.
v1.4.8 Minor Touchups
- Added a config to disable the extra on-kill damage of Executioner's Burden without having to set the range and damage to 0. Doing so also removes the "Additionally causes..." from the pickup and description text.
- Added R2API Director as a dependency. Hopefully made Shattered Monolith less likely to rarely break interactable spawning.
- Reduced credit cost of Shattered Monolith spawning from 15 -> 10.
- Enhancement Vials' model is now set up slightly better so the glass texture will appear a bit better. Thank you Dotflare!
- Slightly adjusted displays for Vials.
- Added item displays for Sniper and HAN-D.
v1.4.7 Debug Spam Fix
- Cleaned up debug spam from Quill and the debug check from Clockwork.
- Cleaned up Readme slightly.
v1.4.6 Corruption Description Fix
- Updating what an item corrupts in the config is now actually represented in the item description. Thank you prodzpod!
- Should have fixed Shattered Monolith's incompatability with Forgotten Relics.
- Clockwork Mechanism's variant 0 now works in "special stages" (comencement, gilded coast, etc) but by default no longer grants or breaks items in the bazaar. Added a config to allow it to work normally in the bazaar.
- Added item displays for Deputy and Pathfinder.
- Remade Orrery's buff icon.
- Shattered Obelisk now has a symbol above it, like most shrines do.
- Further reduced spawn rate of Shattered Obelisk outside of void seeds.
- Fixed a bug where Quill would eat an input if you hadn't technically 'used' your first jump (ex. falling off something w/o jumping)
- Fixed Lotus's description being completely wrong about the max slow percent.
- Fixed some of the textures not using proper Hopoo shaders due to assetbundle shenanigans.
- Cleaned up config descriptions and normalized the way they specifiy which variant they're for, particularly for Clockwork.
v1.4.4 Portal Fixes
- Fixed the Void Locus exit portal sending you to the void fields instead of back to normal stages.
v1.4.3 Bands Fixes
- Fixed Adze and Orrery allowing skills to proc bands which should not be able to.
v1.4.2 Some Adjustments
Reduced the chance for Shattered Monolith to spawn in and out of void seeds. Additionally, it's spawn weight and cost now has a config.It was spawning a bit too often I think, but for players who really like seeing the shrine or want to make it even rarer, I figure a config wouldn't hurt. It still has a max of one spawn per stage, but it seems that the void seed spawning ignores that cap.
Reduced Adze damage from 40% (+30%) to 30% (+30%).Reducing the base damage a little more to make it stack/scale more like a white item, and because it's still pretty dang strong.
Removed luck mechanic from Burden.I don't think the item actually got much use out of this feature, and it certainly isn't a crucial part of the item.
v1.4.1 Tier Visual Upgrade and Quill Fix
- Void item tiers now have their own tier border (the thing showing you where the item appears on your player), being the original tier's borders in the void color.
- Quill's airdash now uses FixedUpdate instead of Update. Hopefully this should fix it not working for some people (Thank you RandomlyAwesome)
- Orrery's damage bonus is no longer calculated via a damage multiplier (as it was far more volatile than other ways of increasing damage)
- Orrery now actually takes into account the damage mult in the config.
- Made the non-void item content of the mod have a bit more of a presence on the mod page.
v1.4.0 An Interactible
- Thank you for 100k downloads!!!
Adds a new interactable, the Shattered Monolith - thank you to Caliph Index#8141 on the modding discord for the idea!Allows you to visit the void fields at the cost of a void item. Spawns somewhat often in void seeds and rarely otherwise. This should work with Fogbound Lagoon and Forgotten Relics.
Updated how the mod switches from stubbed to real Hopoo shaders.I think the mod up until this point just..didn't use hopoo shaders because I forgot to set it up. Oops
Increased the slow duration of Coolant back from 3 (+1) to 4 (+2)I think the item got hit hard enough by increasing the required freeze stacks from 2 to 3 so I'm reverting this change.
Reduced Azde's damage from 40% (+40%) to 40% (+30%)I think the item has been slightly overpreforming, so I'm slightly lowering the stacking damage.
- Fixed the Void Locus portal's platform not appearing.
- Fixed Clockwork only being able to give white items.
- Fixed Quill completely immobilizing you if you attempt to dash while nullified.
- Fixed Orrery not stacking properly again.
- Removed Networking API dependency as it is no longer needed.
- Adjusted how items are internally named slightly in hopes to set up lang files eventually
v1.3.2 Rebalance Update, Lotus Rework, and Void Locus Tweaks
- Adds a portal to Void Locus, allowing you to return to normal stages if desired (can be disabled).
- Adds a setting which increases the amount of credits the director gets in Void Locus, allowing for the stage to have slightly more of a reward if desired (0 additional credits by default).
Reworked Lotus - instead of barrier, slows enemies and projectiles for a duration. Old variant is still in config.This should make the item actually different from daisy, in a non-superficial way. Additionally has a slightly adjusted texture. Feedback on it would be especially welcome!
Reduced the damage of Coolant from 25% (+25%) to 15% (+15%)This damage is very much intended to be a sort of tap that kills frozen enemies, it doesn't need to be very high. Removing it means the item has very little to scale from stacking, so I wanted to keep it.
Reduced debuff duration of Coolant from 4s (+2s) to 3s (+1s)Helps reign in the freeze to be harder to activate consistently.
Increased debuffs required for freezing from 2 -> 3Slightly increasing the amount of stacks required to freeze better fits it into its intended niche. Additionally, it no longer can stun-freeze bosses, but still allows the execute.
Reduced Orrey max damage bonus from 150% to 50%It was still too strong. Hopefully this makes taking it more of a question of "would I get more out of crits?" rather than "oh hell yea 2.5x damage multipler"
Reduced the damage of Exhaust from 25% (+25%) to 20% (+20%)Slightly reducing the damage in hopes to make it less of a direct upgrade compared to fireworks.
Slightly increased the shothop velocity of Quill from .25 -> .5This is done to make it so you should generally be at the same height before and after dashing.
- Adjusted Orrery's buff color to a nicer purple.
- Fixes a bug where Lotus didn't activate during the Void Fields and Void Locus.
- Fixed some potential NREs related to Lotus.
- Updates the mod to use the atomized R2API modules as dependencies. Additionally updates Bepinex to the current version rather than genuinely the one from when I started working on this mod.
v1.3.1 Quill Fixes
- Fixed an issue with how Quill tracked how many times the jump button had been pressed resulting in it overriding bonus jumps (ex. mercenary).
- Fixed a bug where removing Quill didn't actually prevent you from airdashing. This doesn't really matter in contexts other than with cheats that I know if, but it's a good thing to fix.
- Cleaned up the code a bit.
v1.3.0 """Gearbox""" Update
- Added Quasitemporal Quill, void Hopoo Feather. Effect and design inspiration by Slipskip#0372 from the SS2 discord. Thank you for the idea!
- Slightly adjusted the visuals for Lotus
v1.2.2 Config Changes
- Broken items no longer have their own enable/disable options. They're always enabled, which doesn't matter because they'll never get used unless their non-broken version exists.
- Broken Clockwork no longer relies on Clockwork, so that nothing breaks if you disable it.
- Probably reset your configs. Nothing should break if you don't, but they'll be a lot cleaner if you do.
- Cleaned up the README a little bit.
v1.2.1 Some Adjustments
- Nerfed Orrery - its numbers were majorly overtuned. 250% -> 150% damage increase. Still may be a bit strong.
- Buffed Executioner's Burden - it now has a weak-ish aoe that activates every time it ticks. This makes the item less reliant on having other on-death items. Only downside is the logbook description is even longer now. yay.
- Improved wording in Orrery's descriptions and fixed a typo in the config.
- Orrery actually stacks now. Oops.
- Added item displays for Orrey for Starstorm 2's characters. I forgot to do it last time.
- Clockwork's cooldown buff now stacks and shows the remaining seconds before it expires. No actual change, but it looks nicer now.
- Fixed a bug where disabling Enhancement Vials without disabling Empty Vials would break interactable spawning. Now it just breaks if you do it the other way around. So don't do that.
v1.2.0 Finally Something New
- Added Supercritical Coolant, void Gasoline.
- Reworked Orrery to be based around not critting. As much as I do like the double, triple, etc crits of the original version, I don't think there's really a reason to not pick it up compared to laser scope. They both buff crits, one in a consistent way, and another in a weird way. This change makes picking the item up have some thought to it.
- Maybe fixed a bug with Clockwork not applying its cooldown debuff properly for clients.
- Added IDRs for Starstorm 2's characters.
- Sorry it took so long to get new stuff out - I've been working on starstorm! go play it!
v1.1.13 Minor Fixes
- Fixed exhaust overpreforming with Visions of Heresy - now only fires missiles for every other skill cast
- Clockwork no longer triggers from damage without an attacker (ex. fall damage, void fog, etc. fall damage (and most other applicable sources) don't need to be that harsh, and void fog obliterated this item)
v1.1.12 Exhaust Fix
- Finally fixed exhaust not working in multiplayer. It should work properly for clients.
v1.1.11 Adze Rewrite
- Adjusted the code for Adze so it REALLY shouldn't cause extremely large numbers.
v1.1.10 Stupider Fix
- Unruined the code. Oops.
v1.1.9 Stupid Fix
- Made the offending code just have a config option. If you're having a weird issue like health bars vanishing, just turn the option off in Orrery's config. I'd remove it or find a better way to fix this, but I can't properly replicate it and it's only an issue with another mod I can't identify.
v1.1.8 HP Bar / IL Hook Fix
- Improved IL hook for Orrery / Lost Seer's interaction so it shouldn't cause an NRE
- Thank you HIFU for helping me with the IL hook
v1.1.7 Clockwork Rework Again & Fixes Again
- Another Clockwork rework suggested by a friend of mine. Configs for Clockwork should be entirely reset. Old variants are still available
- Fixed Orrery not working on Railgunner
- Fixed Lotus-related NREs
v1.1.6 Clockwork Rework & Fixes
- Added Clockwork Rework / Variant, idea courtesy of Conq on the modding discord. You can still use the old variant if you'd like, but the config will by default be the new version
- Fixed some phrasing / small issues in the logbook and config
- Improved config for Vials
- Fixed Blade and Lotus not properly showing up in multiplayer
- Fixed Lotus's positioning on the Celestial Portal
- Fixed Lotus generally behaving strangely
- Slightly updated logo
v1.1.5: Minor Buffs Update
- 'Updated' the mod to newest version - I don't think anything was actually broken, but now it should be even less broken, hopefully
- Retroactively credited PIEisFANTASTIC and thejanjan for the orrey rework idea because I forgot to (sorry!!)
- Buffs Vials to regenerate one per stage, because getting a void item that's only purpose is to destroy itself sucks
- Makes Exhaust actually work with ICBM
- Fixed Vials and Clockwork not breaking from fall damage
- Known bug - exhaust projectiles don't properly disappear as a client in multiplayer
v1.1.4: Oops Update
- Unbreaks critting
- Maybe fixes orrery, it was the culprit so it might work a little differently now but it's what was intended
v1.1.3: Logbook Updates & Fixes
- Redid logbook displays for most of the items
- Fixed a typo in Executioner's Burden's logbook entry
- Fixed coloring in Orrery's logbook entry, and reworded it to no longer mention "dipping", rather "occurances"
v1.1.2: Modded Item Displays and Lotus
- Added Crystalline Lotus
- Reworked Lens-Maker's Orrery, rework idea courtesy of PIEisFANTASTIC and thejanjan on the mod's github
- Redid icons for Clockwork and Orrery
- Added item displays for Enforcer, Nemforcer, Dancer, and Myst
- Also added displays for Paladin and Miner but those mods aren't fully updated yet, so they won't show up as of the current version
- Fixed Adze sometimes making your damage insanely high on the killing blow, thus resulting in stupidly high end-of-run damage numbers
- Fixed? Exhaust not working for non-host players in multiplayer
v1.1.1: Visual Enhancement (vials) & Bugfixes
- Made the icons less crusty, they are now 512x512 instead of 128x128
- Redid displays for Enhancement Vials, so they're more like Power Elixir
- Normalizes pickup descriptions
- Banned Extraterrestrial Exhaust from enemies, as it's busted on a particular enemy
- Fixed "Bundle of Fireworks" being referred to as just "Fireworks"
- Prevents Clockwork Mechanism's effect from occuring on stages without normal interactable spawns (ex. Void Fields), but also made it a config because that's a funny feature (but it's off by default)
- Removed debug messages from Orrery that I guess I didn't notice until now, and cleaned up Exhaust code
- Removed Luck from tooltip of Executioner's Burden (the effect is still there, it was removed because it makes the item seem like it has two distinct effects while its really just one meaningful one (rewards for killing elites) and it also doesn't stack, so it being in the tooltip is a bit unneeded. It is still in the logbook, and the luck is still editable in the config if you so desire)
- Redid Thunderstore page, again.
- Removed references to white/green/red tiers on the page because they're void items. They're all purple-pink
- The NEXT update will rework orrery, probably
v1.1.0: ""E"" Update
- Added Enhancement Vials, Extraterrestrial Exhaust, and Executioner's Burden
- The names all being E wasn't intentional I swear
- Redid textures on Adze, so it needed a new icon (sorry noop)
- Redid item displays / pickups for Adze, Clockwork, and Orrery so that the item tier outline shows up properly on them (oops!)
- Fixes Clockwork Mechanism displaying the base effect twice in its description and not the stacking effect
- Made the Thunderstore page way nicer because the old one sucked
- Maybe something else I forgot, this update took way longer than I meant it to
- Next update will probably rework/buff orrery
- Hopefully it all works!
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|