Ganondorf, The King of Evil
Ganondorf, The King of Evil has arrived to wreak havoc! Build up your power by hitting and killing enemies and unleashing it with Warlock Punch!
Network Compatible (unless otherwise found not to be, please tell me if there are some problems when using this mod online.)
Standalone Ancient Scepter Compatible.
It is HIGHLY recommended to use Scrollable UI to easily select the skin you want
Created by Ethanol 10. For any issues or bug reports, contact me on the RoR2 Modding discord, or to me directly: @Ethanol 10#6656
Now with (a little) fancier effects...
Passive: Triforce of Power
Every successful hit and kill will build up stacks that increase Ganondorf's armor, up to a maximum of 40 extra armor and 60 extra base damage. Stacks decay after 2 seconds of no build-up. All stacks will be consumed to power up a successful hit of Warlock punch, increasing the damage up to 1000% at the maximum amount of stacks.
On the ground, punch forward for 200% damage.
Stunning. When sprinting, dash forward, plowing through enemies for 400% damage.
When airborne, kick twice for 90% damage and 250% damage.
Secondary: Wizard's Foot
Heavy. Launch yourself forward pushing light enemies away for 300% damage.
Utility: Flame Choke
Dash forward grabbing enemies in a row and choke slamming them dealing 700% damage.
Special: Warlock Punch
Charge up a powerful punch unleashing 1000% damage onto close range foes. Consume 50 stacks to power the move up by 333% damage. Consume 100 stacks to power the move up by 1000% damage.
And More... (well not that much more, but more...) (Unlock them to find out!)
- 2.0.4 -> Minor Fixes to the following:
- Lunar Item achievement reworked to take into account all lunar items from all mods, no longer mod limited!
- 2.0.3 -> Changes to the following: Boosted damage overall because I was a little too crazy trying to not make him too strong, but part of the fun was going around and kicking things and also making them pop. SO...:
- Punch damage increased (170% -> 200%)
- Aerial Light kick damage increased (50% -> 90%)
- Aerial Heavy kick damage increased (200% -> 250%)
- Dash damage increased (250% -> 400%)
- Flame Choke (Utility) damage increased (500% -> 700%)
- Flame Choke (Secondary) damage increased (300% -> 550%)
- Flame Choke damage recalculation changed such that attack speed should increase damage by a slight amount the more you have.
- Wizard's Foot (Secondary) damage increased (150% -> 300%)
- Wizard's Foot (Utility) damage increased (400% -> 700%)
- Dark Dive (Utility) damage increased (350% -> 650%)
- Dark Dive (Secondary) damage increased (200% -> 450%)
- Warlock Punch damage increased (600% -> 1000%)
- Special Scaling from stacks of Triforce buff reduced (1250% -> 1000% at max) (416% -> 333% at 50 stacks)
- Inferno Guillotine damage increased (650% -> 1100%)
- Damage gained from Triforce of Power increased (35 -> 60)
- Utility Boost from Triforce of Power decreased (4x -> 3x)
- 2.0.2 -> Changes to the following:
- Wizard's Foot (Secondary/Utility) Perhaps I was a little too harsh on you: Increased Heavy scaling a little bit.
- Wizard's Foot (Utility) Boosted damage (300% -> 450%)
- Flame Choke (Secondary) was hitting like a wet noodle so I buffed it (180% -> 300%)
- Flame Choke (Utility) also recieved a buff to produce parity between his multi-hit cousin, Dark dive (300% -> 500%)
- Dark Dive (Secondary) recieved a damage buff too (150% -> 200%)
- Dark Dive (Utility) recieved a damage buff (300% -> 350%)
- Dark Dive (Secondary/Utility) increased grab radius on ground and in the air (5 -> 8 grounded) (8 -> 10 aerial)
- Inferno Guillotine now gives 10 stacks per hitcount when un-buffed by the stacks, rather than just a flat 10.
- Ganondorf: Malice Bringer Achievement now has milestones printed when you successfully kill 50 of a required enemy type.
- Ganondorf: Heavy-handed "Punch"-ishment Achievement cringe, has the total damage reduced required to unlock the move. (7500 -> 6000)
- 2.0.1 -> silently removes debug logs
- 2.0.0 -> New Features! Hooray! (This will probably be my last update, for this mod regarding new content (note: for a long time, not forever), as I am a terrible animator. However, if someone wants to offer help with animations for more moves, OR I manage to make my own moves in the time it takes to find someone new, I'm down to continue this project. If the mod breaks with new RoR2 Content, I'll try update it so that it won't be deprecated. Might do some balance changes as well.)
- 2 New moves! (Unlock them and find out what they are)
- All Alt-skins from Ultimate added!
- Also an entirely different skin not from Ultimate (Unlock to find out!)
- (slight) VFX updates!
- Actual hit pauses! (get that weak no-hitpause garbage outta here)
- Changes to Sound level, sorry for blasting ears in 1.0.3
- Bug Fixes included (as usual)
- Fixed Ganon not triggering an attack when he lands with Flame Choke. (For later reference, set the position of the blast attack RIGHT BEFORE you trigger the attack.)
- Fixed Ganon having ridiculously large item displays when in use with other mods (Unless someone decides to use the name positions that I've made.)
- Fixed Ganon leaving Greater Wisp Corpses lying all over the place. Gotta make the place clean while destroying everything.
- Fixed Ganon animation transitions between moves, particularly, Aerial Kick (Punch) and Warlock Punch.
- Fixed Ganon being NOT immune to executes.
FIXED THE STUPID ITEM DISPLAYS YEAAAAAAAAH BOIIIIIII
- ahem: The item displays should now look not jank on the head when transitioning between stages. For those developing their own character and run into the same problem: make sure the child you're attaching it on does not have a collider.
- Aaaaaaaaaaand balance changes:
- Warlock Punch was an end goal to the stacks, but nothing more than that. It was also stupidly powerful. I have changed it such that the base damage for Warlock Punch is much lower, while still being a good source of damage when at full stacks. (1650% -> 600% base damage)
- Specials now don't consume your entire stack of buffs on use. Instead, stacks will only be consumed if you have 50 or more stacks. Between 50 and 100, you will consume 50 stacks to boost the damage of your Special by 416% damage. At 100 stacks+, you will consume 100 stacks to boost the damage of your Special by 1250% damage. If you have less than 50 stacks, you get no bonus damage, but gain 10 stacks on hit. NOTE: In the older versions, it would consume all stacks, but only apply 100 stacks worth of damage, so don't panic, in fact this is much better than last time!
- You can now mess around with what Utility/Secondary you'd like! Wanna go on a Kicking spree? Just bind both Utility and Secondary to Wizard's foot! Grab hungry? Bind both to Flame Choke! (Don't worry, defaults are still one of each so you don't have to manually select variety.)
- Secondary and Utility now share moves, but have varying stats based on what slot they are placed in. Secondary is focused on multiple, short charges and lower damage, but Utility is focused on High damage, consumes Triforce buff and powers your move to 4x more damage depending on whether you have enough buff to use. Without the buff, the move does more damage than secondary. (20 stacks are consumed on a successful hit of a Utility move.)
- Health growth has been reduced (33 per level -> 15 per level)
- Armor growth has been increased (0.01 per level -> 0.1 per level)
- Max base health is reduced (300 -> 250)
- Stacks of Triforce of Power will now buff your armor more at full stacks (30 -> 40).
- Stacks of Triforce of Power will now buff your damage (ever so slightly.) (0 -> 35)
- Punch Damage has been reduced. (200% -> 170%)
- Punch Launch Force has been reduced. (4000 -> 500)
- Punch can be fired faster sequentially, end time reduced. (0.6 -> 0.5)
- Punch hitbox duration has been decreased (0.3s -> 0.2s)
- Dash Attack (Punch) damage has been reduced (400% -> 250%)
- Heavy Aerial Kick (Punch) damage has been reduced (300% -> 200%)
- Flame Choke (Utility) damage has been reduced (500% -> 450%)
- Wizard's Foot (Secondary) damage has been reduced (250% -> 150%)
- Wizard's Foot (Secondary) Heavy Damage scaling reduced. (this move was disgusting, it had to be nerfed.)
- 1.0.3 - Fixes to the following: (I promise this is the last thing I'll update for awhile, I'll get back to making something new)
- Fixed Ganondorf from not being able to grab those stupid hitscan wisps. Slam those guys into the ground for me will ya.
- Ganon's character model should be ｐｒｉｓｔｉｎｅ and not bugged to hell and back anymore.
- e.g Old:
- 1.0.2 - Fixes to the following bugs:
- Changed emission level once again, because I forgot to turn on bloom to test how blinding the light was.
- 1.0.1 - Fixes to the following bugs:
- Mithrix now spawns instead of just sitting in his cocoon laughing at you for wasting 20 minutes of your run.
- Ganondorf doesn't get pushed back during Flame Choke now, go grab an entire legion of lemurians!
- Changed emission level on Ganondorf's mastery skin, hopefully it doesn't blind people now.
- Wizard's Foot should now have a lower interrupt priority, so you can try cancelling the kick to do some combos!
- Audio across the board has been reduced, sorry for bursting everyone's ears when he does a super powered Warlock Punch.
- Fixed the Lunar items not being registered for the 8 Lunar Item achievement, hopefully you can get your skin now.
- Changed the Warlock Punch to only have a random chance to deal a high amount of damage 0.5% of the time.
- 1.0.0 - Initial Release
- Work on new skills? This is a big Ｈｍｍ because I don't have the animation expertise to match what's already been implemented.
- Fix some bugs (in Known issues)
- Update Ancient Scepter skill for Specials (it's a little underwhelming)
- Add some on-hit VFX, it completely slipped my mind.
literally none, I am a programming god /sarcasm
- Grab moves have some issues when trying to grab a Wandering Vagrant, Greater Wisp, Solus Control Unit (this isn't an exhaustive list), it pushes back against Ganondorf, possibly sending him through the floor and out the level for a bit.
- Special move #2 very rarely doesn't register that it hit the floor and as a result, leaves you stuck in the air for a bit. I've only ever encountered this once, so if you do encounter it again, please tell me exactly how you replicated it.
- Grab has a weird bug where the enemies don't detatch on end, causing it to stick to ganon preventing you from moving. If this happens, jump off a cliff and it should reset.
- Rob's HenryMod -> literally the only thing that convinced me to start making a character, for that thank you so much
- EnforcerMod -> Code regarding Heat Crash helped me implement Flame Choke.
- Nintendo/Bandai Namco -> Model + Texturing + Animations + Sounds (no this is not officially endorsed by either company)
- TheTimesweeper -> HitboxViewerMod was super helpful in figuring out how big my hitboxes were.
- Lemonlust -> helping out debugging some of the problems during initial release
- My mates, TeaL and Jelly -> for allowing me to basically drag them through my experiements with this mod
- The various people that helped me when I asked stupid questions on the RoR2 Modding discord -> thank you so much for helping me!